Rochester Institute of Technology
BFA, New Media Design & Imaging
Recipient of RIT School of Design Stern Scholorship 2004/05
Flash Development & Rapid Prototyping
- Advanced Flash ActionScript 2 & 3, OOP
- Publishing AIR for Android/iPhone Apps
- Extensive knowledge of libraries such as TweenMax/TweenLite
- Compliant XHTML & CSS
- PHP & MySQL
Web / Interaction / UI Design
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Freelance Design & Development
Services include Web / Interaction / UI Design, Rapid Interactive Prototyping, and Web Development.
Specializes in advanced Flash ActionScript 2&3 for Prototyping and Development.
Experienced in Interaction Design and detailed interface documentation.
Experienced in retail website development, email marketing, and custom content management systems.
Interaction Design Contractor/Vendor
March 2010-January 2012
Programming Languages Used: Flash Actionscript 2 & 3, AIR for Android, SQL
Main duties consist of creating functional interface prototypes for both user testing and assisting the design process. Prototypes of handheld devices and desktop software utilize both touchscreen and traditional button controls. Duties also include interface design, documentation, and graphics production.
Flash Prototype details:
- Prototypes were published as Apps on mobile devices (i.e. Android), as well as standalone computer programs and on actual Kodak devices.
- Prototypes represented both full interfaces and isolated concepts. Features often included Image Capture, Video Editing, multiple Image Review modes, Capture Effects, Interactive Menus, and more. Prototypes featured full interactivity, functionality, and animation
- Hardware features were also prototyped, including LED functionality, button controls, remote control pairing and functionality, and more.
- Prototypes covered a range of pocket video cameras and still cameras, as well as competitor product representations, and featured reusability across multiple design languages.
Mark Russell and Associates /
Eric Mower and Associates
April 2006 - Feb 2010 (MRA bought by EMA May 2008)
Consisted of a range of duties spanning front-end HTML scripting and Flash development to back-end PHP and MySQL programming
- Development of dynamic content driven sites which allowed for translations for multiple languages to be viewed.
- Creation of interactive, animated Flash sites as well as libraries of ActionScript code utilizing class-based programming.
- Quick work turnaround to keep on top of numerous projects with tight schedules.
- Creation of HTML email generation programs which automatically created all necessary assets including images containing dynamic text. Assets were bundled together in a directory, and all user input was saved in a database for future use and modifications. These programs greatly reduced the number of hours needed to complete each email as well as increased content consistency and accuracy.
George Eastman House
Freelance Flash site design/development
Summer - Winter 2005
Programming Languages Used: Flash Actionscript 2
Update, redesign and program improvements for each section of the Eastman Kids Flash website that I helped build as a student project. Original project contributions included character illustrations and development of flash games. Freelance duties included meeting with contacts at the George Eastman House and creating mock-up designs for approval.
RIT Department of Communication
Freelance Graphic Design
Consisted of several graphic design and illustration projects. These included logotypes for the department and individual programs, a graduate program poster, tiger mascot illustration, and t-shirt design.
RIT University Publications
Website maintenence/Graphic Design
Fall 2004 - Spring 2005
Programming Languages Used: HTML, CSS
Initial duties consisted of updating the Graduate and Undergraduate Bulletin websites for 2004/05 and archiving project files.
Subsequent projects included illustrations for University Magazine and RIT program PR design.